Constructive dialogues on religion and democracy in Kyrgyzstan: Policy briefs - 2nd compilation
This is the second compilation of policy briefs produced by junior researchers within the framework of the EU-funded project ‘Constructive dialogues on religion and democracy’ implemented in Kyrgyzstan by International Alert in partnership with the Iyman Foundation for Spiritual Culture Development under the President of Kyrgyzstan.
The project aims to support open public discourse and communication about the freedom of religion and belief, the role of religion in people’s life, the interrelation between state and religious institutions, and state policies on religion. One of the project’s main tasks is to build the capacity of junior researchers to conduct research on sensitive issues related to religion, the role of religion in a democratic and secular society, and create a pool of more experienced analysts.
Based on the results of the research, the junior researchers then produced policy briefs on each of the topics:
- The influence of Kyrgyzstan’s media strategies on preventing the spread of the ideology of violent extremism
- Are there any problems in the interaction of young people with different religious beliefs in Kyrgyzstan?
- The role of NGOs in promotion of countering terrorism and extremism in Kyrgyzstan
- Ways and causes of radicalisation among women in Kyrgyzstan
- The degree of intersectional discrimination against religious girls and women in Osh