Final Evaluation Consultant – Kyrgyzstan
Duration: October–December 2019
Closing Date: 30 September 2019
International Alert is looking for a consultant for the final evaluation of its project ‘Constructive dialogues on religion and democracy’, funded by the EU's Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace (IcSP).
The project aims to support an open public discourse and communication about the freedom of religion and belief, the role of religion in people’s life, the interrelation between state and religious institutions, and state policies on religion. The project began in February 2017 and will conclude in January 2020.
As part of the assignment, the consultant will produce the following:
- an analysis of the extent to which the outcomes achieved correspond to those formulated in the project proposal documents;
- the strengths and the weaknesses of project implementation;
- an assessment of the impact of the project from the perspective of the theory (theories) of change of the project consortium partners;
- an assessment of the project impact and outcomes in relation to the wider secular-religious dialogue (and PVE) context in Kyrgyzstan; and
- recommendations and lessons to be learned for future work.
The consultant should have a minimum of seven years’ professional (including field) experience in peacebuilding, development, humanitarian aid and/or related fields. They should have proven experience of having worked in a crisis, conflict or post-conflict environment, and the context in Central Asia (preferably Kyrgyzstan). They should also be familiar with approaches to conflict prevention and peacebuilding. Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English and Russian are required; Kyrgyz desirable.
For further details, please read the terms of reference.
To apply, candidates should send a CV and a cover letter outlining their experience and suitability for the assignment (no more than two sides of A4) to [email protected].
The deadline for applications is 30 September 2019 (9am Bishkek time).
International Alert is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
While International Alert will endeavour to contact all candidates within a reasonable time, this may not always be possible due to limited resources. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.