Justice and livelihood opportunities for all people
Enhancing access to protection and employment for the most vulnerable communities in Lebanon
This project helped Syrian refugees and Lebanese mitigate some of the negative impacts of displacement from Syria by providing them with protection and employment assistance.
We focused on vulnerable communities in Akkar district and in central and north Bekaa province – areas that have been especially affected by the Syrian conflict, providing the following support:
- referring them to legal aid and services
- training young people in the skills needed to access the job market
- training Lebanese farmers on business development
- raising awareness among Lebanese employers about the needs of vulnerable employees and best practices
- providing policy-makers with evidence-based recommendations for ensuring the protection of vulnerable communities
This project ran from September 2017 to August 2018.