Child protection/safeguarding Consultancy - Lebanon Programme
Duration: 15 days between October - December 2020
International Alert is seeking a qualified consultant to update organisational child protection policy and relevant tools and lead a collaborative process of establishing safeguarding processes for the Ending Violence Against Children project in Lebanon, which aims to increase the capacity of schools and learning centres to reduce violence against children and generate evidence of the effectiveness of various approaches. It will be implemented in areas affected by the Beirut blast and in areas in Tripoli and the Bekaa with high concentration of refugees, targeting teachers and educators, children and their caregivers through face to face and virtual activities. The project will generate evidence through action research on effectiveness of approaches to addressing violence against children, including school-based and learning centre-based and community-based approaches.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to provide technical guidance to Alert and its partners to review their existing child safeguarding policies and mechanisms and advise on establishing safeguarding arrangements for the project. These arrangements are framed around international standards related to safeguarding:
- POLICY: With the support of an expert Safeguarding policies of Alert & partners will be reviewed. This review will consider increased/new risks related to the economic crisis in Lebanon & COVID-19, home/online learning, PSS, counselling referral mechanisms.
- PEOPLE: During the project inception a safeguarding (refresher) training will be held for staff.
- PROCEDURES: 6 monthly review of safeguarding and complaints procedures.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Regular monitoring of safeguarding incl. self-assessment/ audit, partner review and review in the final evaluation.
The project offers an opportunity to strengthen the capacities of implementing organizations to apply international standards in ethical and child safeguarding. The consultant will support the development of POLICY, train PEOPLE and initiate PROCEDURES to ensure that the organisations, their staff and consultants take all measure to reduce the risk of harm to children.
For more details please see the terms of reference.
If you wish to be considered for this consultancy, please send an ‘Expression of Interest’ indicating:
- your experience with similar assignments
- plans to deliver the consultancy
- proposed timeline
- financial proposal, including daily communication and transportation fees
- details of your referees
- an up-to-date CV
to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 4 October 2020 at 11:59pm (Lebanon time).
While International Alert will endeavour to acknowledge all submissions within a reasonable time, this may not always be possible due to limited resources. All submissions will be judged strictly on the basis of merit.