International Alert is pleased to invite you to attend a special launch event and the 16th in a series of Peace Talks on:
Peace through prosperity: Building businesses, livelihoods and peace at the same time
Tuesday 14 July 2015 from 19.00 at The Royal Society,6-9 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AG
Peacebuilding is essential for the 1.5 billion people who live in countries affected by conflict. But economic development usually takes centre stage, in the eyes of governments, investors, voters, parents and young people wanting a better life.
The challenge is to make sure that economic improvement also brings peace. This is not automatic but plenty of experience shows it can be done.
Join our panel from the worlds of international business, development and peacebuilding, to explore the challenges and ways forward, at the launch of International Alert’s new report Peace through prosperity: Integrating peacebuilding into economic development.
- Juliet Wattebot O'Brien, Conflict Advisor, Private Sector Development, DFID
- Lanre Akinola, Founding member and former Editor of This is Africa at the Financial Times
- Phil Vernon, Head of Programmes, International Alert. Author of Peace through prosperity. (Read a Q&A with Phil on how economic development can help foster peace here)
- Ramanie Kunanayagam, Group Head, Social Performance, BG Group
- Dan Smith, Secretary General, International Alert
Please RSVP using the ticket form below.
Suggested hashtags: #PeaceTalks and #Prosperity4peace
For media enquiries: email@example.com