This year marks the 20th anniversary of the genocide in Rwanda. Twenty years on, people in the country are still struggling to piece their lives back together and deep-rooted trauma continues to haunt many. This discussion explored how a country like Rwanda can move on from the devastation of genocide and conflict, and look towards a better future.
- Gloriosa Bazigaga, Rwanda Country Manager, International Alert
- Rt Hon Lord Jack McConnell, Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group on the African Great Lakes Region
- His Excellency Williams Nkurunziza, High Commissioner of Rwanda to the United Kingdom
- Dr Ian Palmer, Professor of military psychiatry; served operationally in Rwanda in 1994
- Dan Smith (Chair), Secretary General, International Alert