Senior Project Officer (4 Positions)
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to join International Alert’s Africa Programme.
The Senior Project Officer will provide support to the implementation and monitoring of a peacebuilding project seeking to address the root causes of conflict in the implementation zone. The Position holder will support implementation of activities at sites in collaboration with stakeholders and according to the project workplan. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision in the implementation of program activities as well as collecting quantitative and qualitative data and producing reports on activities.
Role duties and responsibilities:
- Monitor the timely implementation, financial management and reporting quality of the project
- Work with the Project Manager and implementing partner to develop and update monthly, quarterly and annual workplans
- Ensure financial and logistical preparation of activities in line with workplan and project strategy
- In liaison with the Project Manager, develop and monitor project expenditure
- Plan activity expenditure and request funds in a timely and accurate manner
- Oversee expenditure during activities (including implementing partner activities) and ensure this is in line with project outcomes, and Alert and donor policies
Reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Contribute to developing and implementing project monitoring and evaluation plan
- Collect quantitative and qualitative information during activities in line with M&E plan
- Support baseline, mid-term and final evaluations, including participating in data collection
Coordination with other Alert staff and stakeholders in the region
- Participate actively in the management processes of the team, including team meetings, sharing of information, context analysis, and strategy development
- Participate in relevant state level strategic forums, as delegated by the Program Manager
Please note that these are just some of the role requirements. For the full requirements, please click here to read the job description.
All applicants must have existing right to work in Nigeria.
International Alert is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
While International Alert will endeavour to contact all candidates within a reasonable time, this may not always be possible due to limited resources. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.