Gender & Social Inclusion Officer
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to join International Alert’s Africa Programme.
The position holder will be responsible for providing leadership in program implementation, program monitoring, and evaluation in relation to gender and social inclusion. The Gender & Social Inclusion Officer will maximize opportunities to engage social inclusion and gender equity through direct project activities. He/she will manage and support delivery of gender technical aspects of the intervention at a project level.
Role duties and responsibilities:
Planning and Monitoring of Gender & Social Inclusion Activities
- Act as the Gender and social inclusion (GESI) focal point for the project.
- Support in the development of action plan for gender and social inclusion and implementation plan for gender and inclusion development.
- Provide inputs to gender and inclusive workplan, monitor actions and draft quarterly and annual reports on gender and inclusion related activities.
Contribute to developing new strategies, approaches and projects in line with Alert’s gender portfolio
- Contribute to the development of project proposals, including conceptualisation of new ideas which result in new funding, developing associated budgets for proposals and management of project budgets.
- Stay current on the discourse on and state of play regarding gender and peacebuilding and link discussions to Alert’s organisational strategy and priorities.
- Ensure gender sensitivity, gender equality is appropriately reflected in policy advocacy and programming across the organisation, providing support as appropriate and feasible.
- Contribute to the development of Alert’s knowledge on gender, peace and security as related to the strategic priorities through engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in organisation-wide events and discussions on related topics/projects
- Collaborate and support other thematic areas as and when needed.
Please note that these are just some of the role requirements. For the full requirements, please click here to read the job description.
All applicants must have existing right to work in Nigeria.
International Alert is an equal opportunities employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
While International Alert will endeavour to contact all candidates within a reasonable time, this may not always be possible due to limited resources. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume your application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful.
Please note – this job opening is subject to funding source of the position.