Civil wars are tragedies for the countries they consume, but they can also be dangerous for neighbouring states. Almost three years into the political and humanitarian crisis in Syria, what challenges does the ongoing violence pose for peace and stability in the region? And what can be done to prevent the crisis from stoking existing tensions in countries such as Lebanon? Join us to discuss these and other pressing questions, with:
- Julien Barnes-Dacey, Senior Middle East Policy Fellow, European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR). He was a journalist in Syria from 2007 to 2010.
- Martin Chulov, Middle East Correspondent, The Guardian.
- Victoria Stamadianou, Lebanon Country Manager, International Alert.
- Nadim Shehadi, Associate Fellow, Middle East and North Africa Programme, Chatham House.
- Dan Smith (Chair), Secretary General, International Alert.
To reserve your place, please RSVP to email@example.com.
Watch the discussion in full below: