© International Alert, 2012
All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without full attribution.
Note on maps
Some of the geographic boundaries of the maps on this website are contested. International Alert does not endorse any one view on the legal status of any country or territory or the delineation of any frontier. We have included maps here to assist users.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Any information that we gather and hold is managed in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998). We will not disclose or share personal information supplied by you with any third party organisation without your prior consent.
Note on photos
All photos © International Alert, with the exception of:
About Us, African Great Lakes, Burundi, Rwanda, Gender: © International Alert/Jenny Matthews
Our Work, Climate Change, Nepal: © International Alert/Kashish Das Shrestha
Security, Liberia: © International Alert/Sandro Moore
What You Can Do, Resources, Media Centre, Economy of Peacebuilding, Caucasus and Central Asia, Caucasus, West Africa:
© International Alert/Jonathan Banks
Donate (3rd image): © Siegfried Modola/IRIN
Asia: © International Alert/Niranjan Shrestha
DRC: © International Alert/Gwenn Dubourthoumieu
Guinea: © Voso, available under a creative commons licence (www.flickr.com/photos/53566672@N00/)
Philippines: © Jasper Llanderal
Latin America: © Rob Huibers/Panos Pictures
Uganda: © Euan Denholm/IRIN News, http://www.irinnews.org/
Use of this site is provided by International Alert subject to the following
Terms and Conditions:
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as of the date of your first use of the site.
- International Alert reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site, by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to International Alert are provided 'as is' without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. In no event will International Alert be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- International Alert does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in this site will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that this site, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions: All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without full attribution.
- You can access other sites via links from international-alert.org. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for their contents.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
For more information, contact Sue McCready.